Pregnant and breastfeeding women will receive breastfeeding education and support at each WIC visit. Women will meet with one of our Nutritionists (many who are trained as Certified Lactation Counselors), a Peer Counselor, or our Breastfeeding Coordinator.
Our WIC Peer Counselors are Moms like you who have breastfed their own children and are available for support and encouragement. They are specifically trained to help you and will refer clients with more complex breastfeeding Issues to our WIC IBCLC’s.
Other Breastfeeding services offered include:
- An assigned WIC Peer Counselor to call anytime (yes, including evenings and weekends!) with breastfeeding questions or concerns
- FREE lactation help before and after your baby is born by our Peer Counselors.
- FREE access to Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) for more complicated breastfeeding issues
- FREE baby weigh station-stop by anytime to weigh your baby during regular WIC clinic hours
- FREE access to breast pumps (both manual and electric, depending on need)
WIC Breastfeeding Contacts
Katie Constantino, MSED, IBCLC (716) 695-6423
Peer Counselors (by WIC Clinic)
|WIC Clinic Location
|Blasdell, East Aurora, Lawn Ave. and Springville
|Eagle St., Genesee St. and CEM
||or Gina, IBCLC
|Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda and Tuscarora
|Seton (Sisters Hospital)