Community Assistant - Part-time
Please reference Job #201490 when applying:
· Responsible for outreach efforts to the elderly, their families and to the community.
· Advocates and identifies community needs.
· Provides initial client assessments.
· Provides referral to appropriate community resources.
· Establishes volunteer programs to facilitate visitation and friendly phones.
· Recruits, interviews, and retains volunteers.
· Provides initial and ongoing volunteer training.
· Provides linkage with churches of all denominations, community and area agencies.
· Provides linkage with R.S.V.P., 211 and other volunteer organizations
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree and 2 years experience in a related field or Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent.
Must have directly related prior human services experience and/or experience working with individuals, families, especially the elderly.