*Please reference job# 201517 when applying
· Participates in the WICSIS trainings and updates. Becomes proficient at WICSIS computer tasks.
· Completes household information and determines income eligibility for WIC participants.
· Conducts nutrition risk assessment to determine all nutrition risk criteria and program eligibility.
· Prescribes, tailors, authorizes and reissues food packages.
· Provides nutrition education responsive to the identified needs/interests of at-risk participants.
· Obtains any medical data needed to assess degree of nutritional risk. Contacts health care providers.
· Provides and documents appropriate follow-up referrals to other health and social services.
· Identifies and refers high-risk participants to the CPA III for documentation of the High Risk Care Plan.
· Completes documentation of Individual Contact History.
· Issues supplemental formula to breastfeeding infants.
· Reviews and approves formula requests requiring medical documentation for participants in consultation with the health care provider.
· Provides clinical supervision of CPA Associate(s).
· Transports WICSIS laptop computers and other materials/equipment to temporary sites.
· Travels to all sites.
· Reviews WIC Medical Referral Form and any other related paperwork to ensure adequate documentation of health status.
· Plans, conducts and evaluates the nutrition education program at the program sites (assists in development of lesson plans, handouts, etc.).
· Trains Nutrition Services Assistants and CPA I staff.
· Performs height and weight measurements, and hemoglobin determinations.
· Conducts annual training on universal precautions and trains any new staff.
· Encourages breastfeeding and makes referrals, participates in outreach activities including phone contact, meeting attendance and other activities.
· Participates in all staff meetings and trainings, and attends other professional educational programs.
· Assists in preparation of reports, such as data collection, client surveys.
· Plans and develops nutrition materials. Helps organize and maintain reference and resource materials.
· Meets quantitative expectations established by the agency.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum Requirements: Medical Doctor (MD), Four-year degree in nutrition, health related field or home economics with an emphasis on nutrition, physician with a license to practice medicine in NYS, or Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner, Physician's Assistant (PA)
Please send resumes to:
Attn: Human Resources
741 Delaware Ave.