What is a Children's Health Home?
A Health Home isn't a home at all. It consists of a network of providers, health plans and community-based organizations that work with you and your child to meet your child's needs. Whether it's physical/dental needs, mental health needs or support making your lives better, we can help.
Who can enroll?
- Is your child ages birth to 21 and enrolled in Medicaid?
- Does your child have two or more chronic health issues such as asthma, diabetes or cardiac disorders? OR
- Does your child have one of these diagnoses: HIV/AIDS, Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or Complex Trauma? AND
- Are you having trouble meeting your child's health needs? Do you feel alone or in need of help?
How can Catholic Charities help?
The Health Home Care Management program is focused on providing youth and their families with the tools and support needed to become empowered advocates of personal health and well-being through assessment, care-planning and goal achievement.
Health Home Care Managers can:
- Help with appointment and medication management
- Assist families in becoming advocates for their child’s health, education and general well-being
- Link families to necessary economic and environmental supports
- Provide linkage to transitional services when stepping up to or down from a higher level of care, such as a Residential Treatment Facility (RTF), Waiver Services, or OPWDD
- Work collaboratively with other providers and services such as physicians, dentists, insurance companies, schools, therapists/counselors, skill-building programs, and so many more!
- Act as a general support to enrolled youth and their families
Please see the "Referrals" page for the Care Coordination referral form and any accompanying documents that may be needed to confirm eligibility prior to enrollment.
For more information on our Children's Health Home, contact Megan Lostracco, Care Coordination Supervisor, at (716) 364-3623, or at email@example.com.