Catholic Charities maintains 8 pantry and outreach centers in Erie County in Central, East (2) and South Buffalo, Getzville and Lackawanna, in Allegany County in Wellsville, and in Cattaraugus County in Franklinville.
Each has emergency food pantries and offers information and referrals. Trained volunteers minister to those in need through these centers.
Below is a list of information needed to determine eligibility for assistance. Before your first visit, you also may want to call the pantry you plan to visit.
Initially you will need to bring the following:
- Picture Identification (ex: Driver's License, Non-Driver's License)
- Proof of number of people in the household
- Proof of residency (utility bill, landlord statement, lease)
- Proof of income (DSS Client ID Cards, Pay Check Stub, Medicaid,
SNAP/Food Stamp Benefit Cards, Pension or Retirement Statement,
Unemployment Insurance Paperwork, WIC Cards, Social Security
After your first visit, you must bring:
- Picture ID
- Proof of Current Residence
- Proof of Income
- 4x6 Pantry Distribution Card