Please reference job #201509 when applying.
· This is a Social Worker position that includes an administrative role which requires exacting proficiency and accuracy in the details of the work.
· The applicant will be trained in the domestic violence analysis of the Domestic Violence Program for Men - NY Model for Batterer Programs - and be trained to co-facilitate group sessions on a weekly basis using an established curriculum on domestic violence. Participation in staff development and training opportunities are integral elements for doing this work.
· An adjusted work schedule - two evenings per week are required.
· Ability and willingness to collaborate as an integral member of the staff team is essential and required. The person in this position is cross-trained in the work and functions of all the programs housed at the Bailey-Broadway location.
· The position requires working with a diverse client population including supervisors of diverse programs, program staff and student interns.
· Scheduling appointments/room scheduling is part of the daily routine. Compliance-status reporting with a broad criminal and civil justice network including the Department of Social Services - immediate reporting to the CJ network is a daily function. Accuracy and completeness is a critical element and constant demand within the position and role.
· The Programs that operate at the Bailey-Broadway office location require distinct and specific procedures that are part of the workload and daily operations underpinned by policies and procedures critical to safety and security protocols of the programs and building. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate an ability to understand and implement these policies and procedures to ensure quality service to clients and safety to all.
· This is a fast paced work environment that requires the ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively. The ability to professionally utilize a multi-lined phone system while appropriately interacting with walk-n clients and staff is a must. Strong computer and typing skills are essential. Use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based email and Case Management programs are required.
· Much of the workload is completed through use of computer-based programs. Telephone calls and voicemail are directed through a multi-line telephone system. Computer/keyboard facility and use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based email and Case Management programs are required.
· A Bachelor's level degree is required; experience in domestic violence is helpful.
Please send resumes to:
741 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209
Attention: Human Resources